Thinking seriously about permaculture as a lifestyle? This is the course for you. Taught by professional designers living the principles and ethics of permaculture on progressively self-sustaining homesteads. Learn and study in a warm and reflective setting of SouthWoods with designated work spaces, drafting tools, digital and library resources, and the Natural Capital Plant Database.
This is an internationally accredited Permaculture Designer Certification Course.
This a miniumum of 72+ hours of instruction by approved instructors delivering the designer curriculum of Bill Mollison, the founder of Permaculture, and guided by the standards of the Permaculture Research Institute. Plus an emphasis on design skills for strategy and planning your landscape.
Included in the 10 day course is:
- 72+ hours of intensive instruction Course Outline
- Large work spaces and professional tools
- Breakfast, Lunch and Classroom Snacks
- including Kombucha and Kefir
- Small class sizes (12 max.) with like minded classmates
- Complete topical presentations with exercises and tasks
- All documentation and a binder for notes and further study
- Paper and a carrying tube for personal designs when you leave.
- A one year full access to the Natiral Capital Plant database
- Personal consultations and advanced topics upon request.
- Personal research opportunities and reading assignments
- Tours of local permaculture sites and nurseries.
- Hand-on construction of human powered mechanisms.
- Nighty DVD presentations and camp fires (optional)
- Quiet study areas and natural spaces of solitude
The Designer Manual, process guides, site assessment tools, and materials will be supplied.
Each participant paying fully by check will recieve the Bill Mollison book "Permaculture, A Designers Manual" $104.00 value, free
Meals: Fruit, snacks, breads, and drinks will be provided. Bring your lunch and something to share. Dinner will be a group gathering at a local cafe or pub.
Lodging: None commuting students - Lodging is available at additional cost. Please inquire as to your needs.
Free tenting areas and lodging available FCFS.